How to Zip a File or Folder
On Mac OS X
- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip in your “Finder”
- Right-click on the file, folder, or files you want to zip
- Select “Compress” (see screenshot below for exact location)
- Find the newly created file that has “.zip” at the end of the file name
On Windows 7, Windows 10, or Windows 8.1
- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.